Re: squirrelmail does not send mail out in fc3?

> El mié, 29-12-2004 a las 10:49 -0500, Rob Carlson escribió:
>> On Dec 27, 2004, at 15:44, Hongwei Li wrote:
>>
>> > I have a problem with squirrelmail in fc3.  I installed it
>> > (squirrelmail-1.4.3a-6.FC3) from the fc3 cd. I can receive and read
>> > mails
>> > in squirrelmail.  However, I cannot send mails out, no error, but
>> > nothing
>> > happens when I click Send.
>>
>> If you are getting a blank screen when you click submit, check your PHP
>> configuration and make sure that your web server is accepting large
>> MIME multipart POSTs.
>>
>> --
>> Rob Carlson  rob@xxxxxxxx  http://vees.net/
>>
> we have the same problem in the job, but when we finish configuring the
> iptables the problem was solved, try stoping the iptables service for a
> moment and check if it works.
>
> --

I have stopped iptables, but the situation remains the same: users can
read/send mail by using pine, outlook (using pop3), but squirrelmail can
only read mails.  They cannot even send mails to local users.

The difference between fc1 and fc3 in this issue is imap.  In fc1, I can
explicitly set imap on (chkconfig ...), but in fc3 there is no option for
chkconfig imap ....  I have to use dovecot, and I do use it to enable pop3
and imap.  Now, pop3 is working, but imap is not -- I guess.  Can somebody
help me to check and figure out this issue?

Thanks!

Hongwei Li