KDE and Yum - RESOLVED

It was my own unfamiliarity with Yum that caused the problem.  I did not have
the public keys set for the kde-redhat server, and I needed to fix up a
dependency involving libmusicbrainz.  Once I got those two issues resolved,
Yum updated KDE to 3.3.2 just fine.

We now take you back to your regularly scheduled discussion of Fedora by
people who know what they're doing.  :)

=====================

Earlier, I wrote:

I'm currently running KDE 3.3.1 and would like to update to 3.3.2.  I used the
instructions at http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net to use Yum to update KDE; I
added kde-redhat.repo to my Yum repostory, and when I ran:

# yum check-update

it showed a bunch of packages for KDE 3.3.2.  I then ran:

# yum -y update

expecting that the next time I ran KDE, it would be updated to 3.3.2.  So I
logged out of KDE and logged back in, only to find that I was still running
KDE 3.3.1.

I'm pretty sure I missed a step somewhere in there.  This is the first time
I've tried using Yum for anything.

I'm pretty sure that *something* got changed, though.  My monitor goes blank
at random intervals (sometimes while typing an e-mail, like right now); I've
checked my monitor and screensaver settings, and nothing there has changed.

--
Richard S. Crawford (mailto: rscrawford@xxxxxxxxxxxx)
AIM: Buffalo2K / http://www.mossroot.com