Firewire board & FC3

Based on a previous thread, i now understand that, in order to use transfer video from my MiniDV camera to my computer, I'd need a FireWire (1394) port. Very well.

Now I wonder if I could get suggestions about make/model of FireWire boards I can use that will work well with Fedora.

My computer is a vintage (P-III) desktop, so it would probably have to be internal, PCI. (Is there any external? if yes, is it good?)

Thanks a lot.

Gustavo Seabra - Graduate Student
Chemistry Department
Kansas State University