TCP Port redirection - info

Hi

Sometime back I had posted a query on port mapping and how to achieve it .. i wanted to get my squid proxy box to also just "map" or "redirect" some ports to real ports .. specifically I wanted to use it to access pop mails.  While help was forthcoming (thanks for that!), a solution was not.

I found a simple solution in the book Linux Server Hacks by Oreilly.  Check out http://www.boutell.com/rinetd to download a simple tool that will do the redirection .. for eg. if you want to access emails via pop from thunderbird etc, currently works only for tcp redirection .. the redirection is achieved via a simple rinetd.conf file that does the mapping.  Check the url for more info ..

Regards
Srini