Re: Some sites don't work with Firefox (FC3)?

--- Dave <fedora-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Monday 27 December 2004 05:34 pm, John Cox wrote:
> > On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 17:28:18 -0800, Dave
> <fedora-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > > OK, here's an interesting glitch I have no clue
> about. Several websites I
> > > tried today don't like Firefox. Trying to access
> www.sfbc.com (Science
> > > Fiction Book Club), I get "Bad request. Your
> browser sent a query this
> > > server could not understand."  Trying to get to
> www.woodline.com (router
> > > bits), I get just plain "Bad request"
>
> > I just got both with no problem.
>
> Very interesting ... I just found another one.  My
> bank's web banking page
> tells me I must use a browser with javascript
> enabled ... but javascript IS
> enabled. And I can't find anywhere in the
> preferences how to change which
> browser string Firefox returns.
>
> I'm running FC3, no updates. Fresh install. No
> browser extensions or anything
> funky installed yet. On a whim, I enabled popup
> windows to see if that
> affected anything. Nope.
>
> FC3 hates me. My sound card won't work. Shutdown
> doesn't work.
  add acpi=ht to /boot/grub.conf this should do it

# grub.conf generated by anaconda
#
# Note that you do not have to rerun grub after making
changes to this file
# NOTICE:  You have a /boot partition.  This means
that
#          all kernel and initrd paths are relative to
/boot/, eg.
#          root (hd0,1)
#          kernel /vmlinuz-version ro
root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00
#          initrd /initrd-version.img
#boot=/dev/hda
default=0
timeout=5
splashimage=(hd0,1)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
hiddenmenu
title Fedora Core (2.6.9-1.667)
        root (hd0,1)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.9-1.667 ro
root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 rhgb quietacpi=ht
        initrd /initrd-2.6.9-1.667.img
title windows
        rootnoverify (hd0,0)
        chainloader +1

mp3's wouldn't
> work.
  look here for advice and workarounds
http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mjm-fedora-fc3.shtml
  or here
http://heidelberg.freshrpms.net/
  for many useful software.

My USB thumbdrive locks up the USB subsystem.
  update udev to the latest one and this problem
should be solved.
> One thing at a time,
> though ... have to be able to browse ...
>
> --

Hope this helps,

Antonio