Re: Is THIS VNC?

Ryan D'Baisse wrote:

Am I missing something or is THIS what VNC consists of?  If this
really is all that VNC has to offer then why would I use VNC instead
of SSH?

It's basically a remote X.
Put whatever you want to startup in your ~/.vnc/xstartup file.

If you want a gnome-session, put that into it.
If you only wanted an xclock, you can have that.

This is a Linux environment... you make it into whatever you want it to be... You only want a term... you can have that... you want a flashy desktop, which a bunch of applets etc, you can have that.

Vivre la difference! Linux gives you the choice!

Mike