Re: AMD installation failure...

Two suggestions:

Boot into "rescue mode" then mount your / (or, if you set it up
separately) your /boot partition and look at your grub configuration file.
You may have made an error in the grub setup.

It is strange that a FC install would cause an update to the ESCD area.
Please check your bios settings carefully.  Look at how the hdd is
detected and what mode it is being accessed at.   If that changed, it
would explain why you can't boot.

--
When an actress saw her first strands of gray hair, she thought she'd dye.