Re: Administrative Group

Beri, Rohit wrote:

I am quite frankly tired to typing password every time I need to access any system options from KDE menu like the control panel, Networking... etc... so I added myself as a member of "root" group..

Since most files owned by root have root.root ownership, adding yourself to the group root is pretty much the same as logging in as root. Small typos at the command line can now spell disaster. I would advise against it.