Re: Memory stick on Sony Vaio S260 laptop

I tried this but dmesg and /var/log/messages both show me nothing when I insert or remove the memory stick.

Matthew Miller wrote:
On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 07:34:50PM -0700, Kevin Kempter wrote:

I just installed Core 3 on a Sony Vaio S260 laptop with a widescreen.
The install succeeded without any problems however I cannot figure out
how to mount a memory stick via the built-in memory stick slot. I had a
Vaio Z series notebook before and it's built-in memory stick slot
always registered as /dev/sda1

Insert a memory stick, and then type 'dmesg'. This may tell you something
helpful.

(FWIW, The onboard memory stick reader on my Vaio U101 is actually connected
internally via USB, and does in fact normally show up as /dev/sda1 on FC2;
haven't put 3 on it yet because I am a slacker.)