Re: Ownership

Rich Burroughs wrote:

Gustavo Seabra wrote:

I may be wrong, but I've seen repeatedly in this list the advice to *not* login as root from the login screen. If any GUI tools need the root access, they generally ask for the root password, or there is a way to change to "administrator mode".

I don't know of a way with the default GNOME file browser in Fedora that you can switch to have root access. Perhaps there is one.

Rich

Why would anyone *need* to use the GUI file browser in root mode? What I meant is that, when you try to use a tool that *requires* root access, it generally asks for the password.

Gustavo Seabra - Graduate Student
Chemistry Department
Kansas State University