RE: configure modem to start at boot

Marv & all

correction on error message 1.  the message is

Failed to activate awesomenet with error 2.

I deleted the profile awesomenet from the network
congiguration utility.  I also tried to copy from
htt[://linmodems.technion.ac.il/archive-fourth/msg01557.html
for a slmodem-2.9.7 BESTDATA USB modem hotplug hack
and modified the code a bit and inserted it into
/etc/init.d/slmodemd.  It did not work. The only thing
that works is that slmar0 is loaded on modprobe.  I
also changed/modified /etc/modules.conf to include

alias char-major-212 /dev/ttySL0 slamr
alias char-major-213 slusb

I'll be patient and try suggestions as they arrive.
Thanks to all for your helpful advice.  Merry
Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Thanks,

Antonio