Latest PHP update for FC2 breaks pcntl support

Dear All,

I've just updated my fc2 system with the latest php update and although when you look at phpinfo it shows pcntl support as being enabled it doesn't seem to work, which unfortunately means it has also broken one of our applications :-(

I've checked using function_exists and this returns false.

The build date acoring to phpinfo is "Dec 21 2004 10:30:44"
Other php info:
PHP API     20020918
PHP Extension     20020429
Zend Extension     20021010

I'm using the supplied FC packages, nothing customised.

Urgent help needed.

Thanks

Julian