Re: Request of procedure to complie the kernel...

Wong Kwok-hon wrote:
Hello!

I have used Linux since RH9 to FC3 for 6 months but I don't know how
to complie the kernel because I can't find any clear procedure to do
that. And I noticed that kernel 2.6 is changed and some steps needn't.

I am new in complie the kernel because I just install the rpm before.
And due to my USB harddisk shown the buffering error shown from
kernel. So I may need to re-complie the kernel to fix it.

[snip]

If you want the basics, just read the README file in the
directory where you unpacked the kernel source files.

With the latest FC3 kernel, I followed the directions
in the release notes to unpack the kernel src rpm. That
put the source code here:

/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/kernel-2.6.9/linux-2.6.9

Read the README file in that directory for instructions
on how to build the kernel.

--Kenny