Re: Problem with NVidia card and dual display in FC 3

Chamil Thanthrimudalige wrote:
Hi,

I submited this to the fedora-desktop-list and was instructed to ask
here. So I just subscribed to this list.

I installed a fresh copy of FC3 on my machine. The default nv drivers
work fine. But I can't get dual head working with nv drivers by
editing xorg.conf.  "system-config-display" does not do any thing when
I select "Use dual head" and click ok. Then I cancel to go out of the
screen.

So I do a init 3 install the NVidia drivers from the site. Change
xorg.conf and then do a init 5 and my dual display works fine. But
when I reboot the system it does not work. With out the intial
graphical part I can go upto the login screen and then when X starts
it says that displays were found but non have a usable configuration.

Please note that I can use the below configuration file and work on
the system with out rebooting after the instalation of the drivers
from the NVidia site.

My Card is Asus V9400 Gamer Edition which used NVidia "MX 4000" GPU.

My xorg.conf is as below.

Best Regards,
Chamil Thanthrimudalige.

Have you installed all updates for FC3, especially udev? See here: http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/udev/ and please read the part about nvidia.