Re: Athlon+1024 Mb RAM+FC3

On Wednesday 22 December 2004 22:22, Justin Crabtree wrote:
> My home machine is an Nforce2 Ultra400 board with 1GB of PC3200 memory
> and a AthlonXP 2500+ overclocked to a 3200+ by setting the FSB to
> 400MHz.  It had FC2 on it and just last week I installed FC3.  It runs
> great with FC3.  I upgraded the RAM from 512MB to 1GB when it had FC2 on
> it and there were no problems.
>
> My guess would still be memory.  My two sticks are matched.  Maybe your
> board or the OS is having issues with the different sticks of memory?  A
> stretch, but I have seen weirder problems.  If you have some spare RAM
> available, you might swap it out and see what happens.  If nothing else,
> it would eliminate that as the problem.  HTH.

Thanks Justin for ignoring my request to mail only to the list:-) I'm
subscribed but suspended for excessive bounces (of which I can see no trace),
my invitations to confirm have both expired an the webpage comes up blank in
Konqueror (not surprise when I read the HTML!), and the lit mangler has not
responded to my email.

Define "matched." I bought them from the same supplier and they were in the
same price range. I'd have thought that the supplier would ask questions if
it were important.

Here's the DMI info for my three DDR sockets:
Handle 0x0006
        DMI type 6, 12 bytes.
        Memory Module Information
                Socket Designation: A0
                Bank Connections: 1 2
                Current Speed: Unknown
                Type: Unknown
                Installed Size: Not Installed (Single-bank Connection)
                Enabled Size: Not Installed (Single-bank Connection)
                Error Status: OK
Handle 0x0007
        DMI type 6, 12 bytes.
        Memory Module Information
                Socket Designation: A1
                Bank Connections: 3 4
                Current Speed: Unknown
                Type: DIMM SDRAM
                Installed Size: 512 MB (Double-bank Connection)
                Enabled Size: 512 MB (Double-bank Connection)
                Error Status: OK
Handle 0x0008
        DMI type 6, 12 bytes.
        Memory Module Information
                Socket Designation: A2
                Bank Connections: 5 6
                Current Speed: Unknown
                Type: DIMM SDRAM
                Installed Size: 512 MB (Double-bank Connection)
                Enabled Size: 512 MB (Double-bank Connection)
                Error Status: OK

For the moment, would others pls CC me too?

--

Cheers
John Summerfield