Re: firefox and helper applications.

On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 04:44:47PM -0600, akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Look in the "Downloads" tab of the preferences.
> In the window that opens there is one option that seems relevant. Under
> file types there is a statement that the associated action will be
> performed on the following file types. However this window is empty
> and cannot be written to. The only thing I can do is click on the
[...]
> What am I missing that I should see?

If you try to download a file of a given type, a dialog box will pop up
asking you what you want to do with it. If you pick "do this automatically
for files like this from now on", the file type will then show up in the
preferences window.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx        <http://www.mattdm.org/>