Re: gDesklets builds, doesn't run

Brian Mury yazmış:
I'm trying to get gDesklets working. Version 0.32, built from source. It
builds and installs fine,

i also have the problem.but i have all the packages required.i have posted the problem at gnomesupport forums gdesklets section.but they told me that "you are the first person that have problems.it should work." i've installed and the app works but i cannot add any of the displays.here's my post at gnomesupport.maybe someone here have any ideas?

hi! i've just installed 0.32 from the source without errors.i use FC3.but when i try to install ANY display,i always get this error message: " invalid package the supplied file could not be opened as package.it is either corrupted or not of the correct file type"

those packages are tar.gz and tar.bz2 files. i also tried to untar and select the display files but the same error. and i think it is not possible to download as "corrupted" everytime.so what can be the problem. i also will give you the dependant packages' version numbers i have on my sytem:

python 2.3.4-11 pygtk2 2.4.0-1 libgtop2 2.8.0-1 and also devel package of that librsvg2 2.8.1-1 and the devel package gconf 1.0.9.15 gconf2 2.8.1-1 and also the devel package gnome-python2 2.6.0-3 gnome-python2-gconf 2.6.0-3

and gnome-python2-bonobo,canvas,gnomevfs,gtkhtml2

so when will i be able to use this wonderfull app

and :
It should work! I rather think you aren't handling the shell correctly. You have to drag the tar.bz2/tar.gz to the shell and nothing else. For me it seems that you aren't doing this.

i replied:

no! i've done that also.it always gives that error message.thnks anyway

and:

Sorry, but I've to tell you that I don't have any idea what's wrong. It just works, you're the first one who reports that there're problems IIRC.

and another person:

Download a package manually and try to open it with file-roller, or tar. Does this work? If not, then your tar or gzip or bzip2 seems to be broken. Or maybe your downloading program is broken?

and i replied:

yes,as i have mentioned i also tried to use *.display files;which requires to reach inside the tar.it also doesn't work.i really decided to post this issue here because it is really strange and i can't really understand why. i used firefox 1.0 to download desklets. maybe i will try another browser to test if it is the occasion.thnx all for your interest!

thanks and sorry for that i carry this here.