Re: veritas remote agent for linux

jim martin wrote:
Hi.. Dear Friends, I just installed veritas remote
backu agent in my linux box. But my veritas backup
server just cannot detect it. I am using veritas
backup exec 9.0.

My friend told me that if it is working, I should see
unix agents in my backup screen.  But I didn't see. Is
there any license need to install at the server site?

Besides, I was told that I should be able to telnet to
my linux box port 10000 after installing remote agent
but my linux client doesn't. Is there anything wrong?

So you have the firewall turned on?

Try (as root) "service iptables stop" and see if that makes a difference.

Paul.