Re: Dual boot Retrofit?

On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 00:28, Bradley (FC2 List) wrote:
> I have been using Fedora Core 2 and Windows 2000 pro on the same machine
> by swapping hard drive trays. Can I make this a dual boot machine using
> the two hard drives that I am already happy with, or do I have to start
> over?
>    I am interested in being able to run some of the installed Windows
> programs through WINE from the Windows hdd.
>
> Thanks,
> Bradley

Hi,

Does your mainboard support boot-device selection? If so, you can put
both hdd in master and slave position and just select which hdd (IDE0 or
IDE1) to boot everytime you turn on your machine.

You can also put your Linux hdd in primary master position and Win2k hdd
in another position and configure the bootloader (GRUB or LILO) in Linux
hdd to boot from Win2k hdd.

Hope this helps.

-nh-