Re: FC3: Gnome desktop seems to have disappeared

Wong Kwok-hon wrote:
> Sorry for my poor english and I will shut up because of my poor english. :(

Don't be like that...

I'm human. I make mistakes. Everyone does. We aren't as clear as we'd
like to be all the time (heaven knows I'm guilty of that!) That goes for
those for whom English is their first language, and for those who have
learnt it much later in life.

Normally, you're very clear and easy to understand. Very few people on
this list I'd consider "authoritative". For the rest of us, *all* advice
is provisional. All advice is subject to revision by those who have a
different view-point, or just another point to make.

That goes for me and the rest of the regular posters. Everyone who gives
advice here gives out *far* more good advice than they do bad,
especially you. Your e-mails are valued and welcomed. When any of us
make a mistake, or post something that is not completely true  or
completely clear (and the difference is relevant to the current
subject), we should be corrected. That is the Mailing List Approach To
Truth: successive posts ironing out differences between our view-points
until we come up with something that, ideally, represents the sum of our
knowledge on a particular topic.

Without your contributions, the group knowledge is diminished, and our

We may occasionally disparage a particular *post*. But this isn't meant
to be aimed at the poster. (If it is, if someone is personally attacked
because their knowledge is incomplete, then that behaviour is rude,
childish, and Generally Not Welcome.

And I would expect to be held to that.)

James.

--
E-mail address: james |  ... more holes in Internet Explorer than
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | Blackburn, Lancashire...