Re: Low internet speed

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

Am So, den 19.12.2004 schrieb JonVO um 18:43:

Thanks for the link. I used the settings recommended, turned off ipv6, restarted network, actually restarted the computer, (probably unnecessary as I updated services as I changed them), no luck!
I suspect the Nvidia ethernet driver "forcedeth.c" is the problem. Looking for updates and workarounds. However, it is odd that adding and activating another ethernet card (3COM) doesn't change the symptoms. The ASUS K8N MB hs an on-board ethernet which one cannot remove. Perhaps I need either a new driver or this MB simply doesn't run FC3 (all correctly).
JonVO

If even changing to a different ethernet device does not improve things, there must be something else causing the trouble. To be sure you didn't broke the loopback resolving, what's the content of your /etc/hosts file?

127.0.0.1               localhost.localdomain localhost

It _must_ contain this line.

Alexander

Yep, It's there along with my local ip and host name. Other hosts can be found as well. All the name servers can be ping'd and found. Have not found specific info on the Nvidia driver used on my MB eth0. Grep' ng only shows:
eth0: forcedeth.c: subsystem: 01043:80a7 bound to 0000:00:05.0
can't get any other info on status. I'm suspecting something up here...
thanks
JonVO