udev/hotplug and network devices

Hi,

I recently upgraded my system from FC2 to FC3. FWIW, it's a Compal CL56 notebook. Despite having read the udev primer at <http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/udev/> and the hotplug and udev (and related) man pages, I cannot figure out the following:

1. How do I tell udev which driver to use for a particular device? I have an Intel 2200 wireless card and have both the ipw2200 driver and ndiswrapper installed on my system. Udev will always use the ipw2200 driver. I would actually prefer to use ndiswrapper as the default driver. I know I could edit /etc/modprobe.conf to load ndiswrapper when ipw2200 is called, but I'd prefer not to do that (because I'm also testing the ipw2200 driver periodically).

2. I have my ethernet card (eth0) set NOT to load on startup. On a normal startup, eth0 is not started. However, on a reboot after a system crash, eth0 *is* started for some reason. I assume it's udev that's causing this behavior (this did not happen with FC2). Any idea how to prevent this from happening?

Thanks for any help!
Marc

--
Marc D. Field