Re: CD burning problem

El sáb, 18-12-2004 a las 03:39 +0100, Jim Dishaw (dishawjp) escribió:
> [...]
> cdrecord: WARNING: This causes a high risk for buffer underruns.
> cdrecord: Operation not permitted. WARNING: Cannot set RR-scheduler
> cdrecord: Permission denied. WARNING: Cannot set priority using setpriority().
> cdrecord: WARNING: This causes a high risk for buffer underruns.
> scsidev: '/dev/cdrom'
> devname: '/dev/cdrom'
> scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
> Linux sg driver version: 3.5.27
> Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.
> cdrecord: Warning: using inofficial libscg transport code version (schily - Red Hat-scsi-linux-sg.c-1.83-RH '@(#)scsi-linux-sg.c        1.83 04/05/20 Copyright 1997 J. Schilling').
> Driveropts: 'burnfree'
> SCSI buffer size: 64512
> atapi: 1
> Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
> Version        : 0
> Response Format: 1
> Vendor_info    : 'ATAPI   '
> Identifikation : 'DVD-ROM 16X     '
> Revision       : '582F'
> Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD-ROM.
> Current: 0x0000
> Profile: 0x0010
> Profile: 0x0008
> cdrecord: Sorry, no CD/DVD-Recorder or unsupported CD/DVD-Recorder found on this target.
>
> I tried both /dev/cdrecorder and /media/cdrecorder and even /dev/hdb as the device in the command with the same results. It appears that the major problem is that it's not finding my cdburner, just my DVD drive. Both drives are ATAPI
>
> Any thoughts on how to get this going? It's not too important for now, but I will want to be able to do backups sometime.
>
> Oh, in case it helps, my fstab is below, it will probably wrap, but maybe give someone a clue anyway:
> Code:
>
> @eunix ~]$ more /etc/fstab
> # This file is edited by fstab-sync - see 'man fstab-sync' for details
> /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
> LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2
> none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
> none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
> none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
> none                    /sys                    sysfs   defaults        0 0
> /dev/hdd3               swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
> /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01 swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
> /dev/hdb                /media/cdrecorder       auto    pamconsole,fscontext=system_u:object_r:removable_t,exec,noauto,managed 0 0
> /dev/hda                /media/cdrom            auto    pamconsole,fscontext=system_u:object_r:removable_t,exec,noauto,managed 0 0
> /dev/fd0                /media/floppy           auto    pamconsole,fscontext=system_u:object_r:removable_t,exec,noauto,managed 0 0
> [dishawjp@eunix ~]$
>
> As always, any help greatly appreciated.

Have a look here below this DEFAULT configuration and compare (note that
in this case the cd-dvd writer device is located at the first ide-atapi
bus), since I can't see any inconsistency in your info.
I've never used cdrecord directly, but I'd also have a look to its man
page in prevention of tiny changes on it or in order to refresh your
concepts about it.

[daniel@primates-plm ~]$ cdrecord --scanbus
Cdrecord-Clone 2.01-dvd (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2004 Jörg
Schilling
Note: This version is an unofficial (modified) version with DVD support
Note: and therefore may have bugs that are not present in the original.
Note: Please send bug reports or support requests to
http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla
Note: The author of cdrecord should not be bothered with problems in
this version.
scsidev: 'ATA'
devname: 'ATA'
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
Linux sg driver version: 3.5.27
Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.
cdrecord: Warning: using inofficial libscg transport code version
(schily - Red Hat-scsi-linux-sg.c-1.83-RH '@(#)scsi-linux-sg.c     1.83
04/05/20 Copyright 1997 J. Schilling').
scsibus0:
        0,0,0     0) 'PIONEER ' 'DVD-RW  DVR-106D' '1.07' Removable CD-
ROM
        0,1,0     1) 'TOSHIBA ' 'DVD-ROM SD-M1712' '1004' Removable CD-
ROM
        0,2,0     2) *
        0,3,0     3) *
        0,4,0     4) *
        0,5,0     5) *
        0,6,0     6) *
        0,7,0     7) *
[daniel@primates-plm ~]$

[daniel@primates-plm ~]$ cat /etc/fstab | grep "/dev/hd"
/dev/hdb                /media/cdrom            auto
pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0
/dev/hda                /media/cdrecorder       auto
pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0
[daniel@primates-plm ~]$

[daniel@primates-plm ~]$ ls -l /dev/hd*
brw-------  1 daniel disk 3,  0 dic 18 22:55 /dev/hda
brw-------  1 daniel disk 3, 64 dic 18 22:55 /dev/hdb
[daniel@primates-plm ~]$ ls -l /dev/cd*
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 3 dic 18 22:55 /dev/cdrom -> hda
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 3 dic 18 22:55 /dev/cdrom1 -> hdb
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 3 dic 18 22:55 /dev/cdwriter -> hda
[daniel@primates-plm ~]$

[daniel@primates-plm ~]$ cat /etc/cdrecord.conf
#ident @(#)cdrecord.dfl 1.4 02/07/07 Copyr 1998 J. Schilling
#
# This file is /etc/cdrecord.conf
# It contains defaults that are used if no command line option
# or environment is present.
#
# The default device, if not specified elswhere
#
CDR_DEVICE=cdrom

#
# The default speed, if not specified elswhere
#
# Note that newer cdrecord versions do not default
# to speed=1. For MMC compliant drives, the default
# is to write at maximum speed, so it in general does
# not make sense to set up a default speed in /etc/cdrecord.conf
#
#CDR_SPEED=40

#
# The default FIFO size if, not specified elswhere
#
CDR_FIFOSIZE=4m

#
# The following definitions allow abstract device names.
# They are used if the device name does not contain the
# the characters ',', ':', '/' and '@'
#
# Unless you have a good reason, use speed == -1 and let
# cdrecord use it's intercal drive specific defaults.
#
# drive name    device  speed   fifosize driveropts
#
cdrom=          /dev/cdrom      -1      -1      burnfree
[daniel@primates-plm ~]$

[daniel@primates-plm ~]$ ls -l /proc/ide
total 2
-r--r--r--  1 root root 0 dic 19 14:45 drivers
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 8 dic 19 14:45 hda -> ide0/hda
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 8 dic 19 14:45 hdb -> ide0/hdb
dr-xr-xr-x  4 root root 0 dic 18 23:35 ide0
-r--r--r--  1 root root 0 dic 19 14:45 pdcnew
-r--r--r--  1 root root 0 dic 19 14:45 piix
[daniel@primates-plm ~]$ ls -l /proc/ide/ide0
total 0
-r--r--r--  1 root root 0 dic 19 14:46 channel
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 0 dic 19 14:46 config
dr-xr-xr-x  2 root root 0 dic 19 14:46 hda
dr-xr-xr-x  2 root root 0 dic 18 23:37 hdb
-r--r--r--  1 root root 0 dic 19 14:46 mate
-r--r--r--  1 root root 0 dic 19 14:46 model
[daniel@primates-plm ~]$ ls -l /proc/ide/ide0/hd*
/proc/ide/ide0/hda:
total 0
-r--r--r--  1 root root 0 dic 19 14:46 capacity
-r--r--r--  1 root root 0 dic 19 14:46 driver
-r--------  1 root root 0 dic 19 14:46 identify
-r--r--r--  1 root root 0 dic 19 14:46 media
-r--r--r--  1 root root 0 dic 19 14:46 model
-rw-------  1 root root 0 dic 19 14:46 settings

/proc/ide/ide0/hdb:
total 0
-r--r--r--  1 root root 0 dic 19 14:46 capacity
-r--r--r--  1 root root 0 dic 19 14:46 driver
-r--------  1 root root 0 dic 19 14:46 identify
-r--r--r--  1 root root 0 dic 19 14:46 media
-r--r--r--  1 root root 0 dic 19 14:46 model
-rw-------  1 root root 0 dic 19 14:46 settings
[daniel@primates-plm ~]$ cat /proc/ide/ide0/hda/model
PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-106D
[daniel@primates-plm ~]$ cat /proc/ide/ide0/hdb/model
TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-M1712
[daniel@primates-plm ~]$ cat /proc/ide/ide0/hda/media
cdrom
[daniel@primates-plm ~]$ cat /proc/ide/ide0/hdb/media
cdrom
[daniel@primates-plm ~]$

If you want any other particular info that can be listed, feel free to
ask for it.

P.S. I've just burnt a DVD-5... surprisingly with nautilus-cd-burner!
Just drag and drop! I come from FC1 and in my opinion FC3 has -apart
from other (new, major) features- several little improvements for make
things easier to the newbie end-users (like myself). -Maybe changes are
noticed rawer when somebody comes from FC1 directly, and its 2.4.x
kernels, ide-scsi emulation, etc..
Until now, I used to use Nautilus to writing CDs while growisofs were
used to burn DVD-data. Now it seems that all that can be done easily
from the Nautilus interface.

Cheers,

Daniel Rodríguez