Re: subversion with http

On Sat, 2004-12-18 at 21:16, John wrote:
> > > Does anyone have a good source for instructions on setting up
> > > subversion with Fedora?  If not, I don't mind presenting the steps I
> > > took if people are willing to help.
> >
> > It is all here:
> > http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/index.html
>
> I tried following it, thanks.  I almost have it working.  What I realized
> before though, was that the instructions are geared more towards a
> generic (for lack of a better word) linux installation.  For example,
> the manual tells you to configure /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
> but you don't really need to, since Fedora (with the subversion
> installed via rpm) provides the file: /etc/httpd/conf.d/subversion.conf.
>
> It turns out that this file already has a lot of the required settings
> included, so I was hoping that with Fedora, the required steps would
> be streamlined.
>
> Well, I'm almost there.  I can set things up so that I can either
> access the repository anonymously (with full permissions or read-only),
> or I can set it up so that I can access as a user with full permissions
> and requiring a password.  But I'm now working on trying to get
> both going at once, i.e. anonymous with read-only and user with full
> access after a password is supplied.  It was definitely a learning
> experience...

To restrict write access to the repo use the following directive inside
the Location directive (in subversion.conf):
<LimitExcept GET PROPFIND OPTIONS REPORT>

Now anyone can view the repo and check stuff out but will only be able
to commit if they have a valid username/password.

--
David Keen <zen46443@xxxxxxxxx>