Re: flac/mp3 tagging Latin characters

On Friday 17 December 2004 2:25 pm, Michael A. Peters wrote:
> Latin Songs that I've ripped in Windows have their special characters
> display fine in Linux.
>
> But when I rip/encode in Linux, that's not so.

Hello again Michael,

I've been ripping/encoding in Linux for a long time and I never had this kind
of problem. I transfer my mp3's to Windows and vice-vesa and they all look
fine (character-wise).  I know what you are talking (I have lots of songs
which Spanish special characters etc).

I think you may be having problems with your LANG setting. Please try doing it
all over (rip..encode... on Linux) BUT with "en_US" as the value for your
LANG environment variable. Try it and see if it works.

You can change it on /etc/sysconfig/i18n (then reboot the machine otherwise
set it manually on current session).

HTH,
Jorge