Wireless device on/off problem

Running Fedora 3 on an Acer TravelMate 2301

This machine has a built-in wireless device, and lspci shows it to be a INPROCOMM IPN 2220 Wireless LAN Adapter (rev 01)

There doesn't seem to be any Linux driver for this device but I have got it running using the XP drivers under ndiswrapper. This was working with FC 2 and is now running with FC 3

However: there is a small button on the front of the computer that turns the wireless device on and off. Under FC 2, pressing it once would turn the device off; pressing it again would enable it again, though I would have to run "ifup eth1" to make the connection again.

But this doesn't work under FC 3. If the device gets turned off by pressing the button, then the only way that I can re-enable it it to boot the system into WinXP and press the button. After that I can reboot into FC 3 and the device is available again.

Does anyone have any idea of how I can turn this device on without the hassle of going into XP?

JDL