Re: Fedora "auto logging-out" after updates?

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 10:34:51PM -0600, Gustavo Seabra wrote:
> Ed Wilts wrote:
> >On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 11:07:54AM -0600, Gustavo Seabra wrote:
> >

> >>After my last updates I noticed that, after leaving the computer
> >>incative for some time, when I come back I get the login screen again.
> >First, check to see if your entire system crashed and restarted.  Go to
> >a shell and enter:
> >$ who -b
> >This will tell you the time of last boot.
> >
> >You can tell when X last started as follows:
> >[ewilts@pe400 log]$ grep Time: /var/log/Xorg.0.log
> >/var/log/Xorg.0.log:(==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Wed Dec 15
> >06:34:11 2004
> >

> Thanks. I'll wait for it to happen again, then I'll post the results.

Since I do not know anything about the original poster I might comment
that for a novice the reauthentication screen of xlock can look like a
login screen.   It is good to review the screen saver optons for
the "lock Screen After value" if we are in doubt.

Here is a one line command should tell us if the screensaver
is doing what we expect.

    egrep "^mode|^lock|^dpmsEnabled" $HOME/.xscreensaver

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	SPAM, good eats, and a trademark of  Hormel Foods