Re: RHL9 to FC3

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eugene Poole" <etpoole@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2004 8:53 AM
Subject: RHL9 to FC3

I've read in multiple places how to do a install of Fedora Core 3, but none on upgrading from RHL9 to Core 3. Is there some doc available? If so, where? Also, I'm running Oracle 9i on this machine and I need to not disturb it. Does anyone have any ideas?

Gene
etpoole@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey Gene -

RH 9 is significantly different from FC3 - the C libraries, the kernel and pretty much every major application have undergone version upgrades. If you are insistent upon doing this as an in-place upgrade I strongly reccomend that you set up a test machine and do it there first. Insatll RH9 and configure it exactly like your production server, then upgrade to FC3.

I really think you'd be better served by backing up your data, doing a clean install, then restoring your data.

Thomas