FC3: Thunderbird and Firefox

On one of machines upgraded from FC2 if I click on a link in a e-mail, I get an error

error in opening URL: error in starting pre-defined action ssociated to this position

and Firefox is not started.
I am sure that is  a problem of this machine, but what to look at???

Tnx

--
Antonio
Working with Mozilla Thunderbird 0.9 on Linux Fedora Core 3