Re: lame volume encoding question

On 12/16/2004 06:09:13 PM, Jorge Fábregas wrote:

Take a look at "normalize". I'm not sure if it comes with Fedora but that's what you need. I think it only works with wav files though.

It's in livina for others that want it - and it works extremely well.

decode the flacs, normalize -b *.wav , encode with lame.

The -b tells it to do it in batch mode which takes all the volumes of all the wav files in album (specified by the *.wav) file into consideration so that the volumes are kept relative to each other, the way the master intended - which is (imho) better than any plugin which do it on a per song basis.

Really nice piece of software
Thanks!