Re: Azureus + Java 1.5 + FC3

Dragos Neagu wrote:
Is anyone having problems getting azureus to run on FC3?

I just installed jre1.5 from sun (RPM) and it seems to work, but upon
executing azureus, it will spit out some Java HotSpot Error (or
something-Sorry, this is another box) and then azureus will terminate.

This is azuereus 2.2(GTK) from sourceforge.
I've already edited the azureus shell script and put in the location of
java.

Help??

I had Azureus running fine with jdk 1.4

I suggest you flush Azureus down the crapper where it belongs and switch to the original Bittorrent client. It runs better and uses a lot fewer system resources. Try it, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Regards,

John