Changing default apps for mail and web

How the heck do I get Fedora to use KMail for the default email app and
Mozilla for the default web browser? I have looked at the Launchmail script,
and tried to change it to use KMail, but it still launches Evolution. I had
to manually edit the button to use KMail instead. Same for the web browser...
Also, how do I get rid of the red fedora and use the KDE "gear" icon for the
menu launcher instead?
 Thanks
 John