[FC3] first boot configuration

I installed FC3 on my workstation at home last night and I ran into a small problem with the first boot configuration part. The first time I booted, I pressed Alt+D for the details screen so I could make sure everything was going okay. Then it switched to a empty grey screen and just sat there for several minutes. I rebooted thinking something was wrong, and didn't switch to details view. Since I was paying attention, I saw the little notice about performing first boot configuration so I let it sit there for awhile, several minutes, until it was done. My question, is this normal? The only indication I got that anything was going on was a small message on the booting screen.

--
Justin Crabtree
Java Programmer