Re: Fedora Core 3 Newbie

On December 15, 2004 5:12 pm, delir!um wrote:
> 2. Does anybody have an idea how I can get my ATI Radeon Mobility 9700
> to work on this Notebook with 3D acceleration. I want to play CS Source
> and HL2 ;-)

The ATI card has been a problem for me for a long time. I don't know about 3d
acceleration but I tried a "new" driver a month or less ago that was
mentioned on this list. It did not work for me but it may for you. Try the
archives of this mailing list:

https://listman.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/

> 3. It's important to get to work my WLAN Card either because of my
> Router at Home, I hate long cables.

If there is no native support for your WLAN card, try the ndiswrapper

http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/

and follow these directions to get it set up (they worked for me):

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/article.php/20040507104718960

--
Trevor Smith | trevor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
public key   | http://www.haligonian.com/pgp/