Re: bittoorrent - is getting me down.

akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx yazmış:
I know pwoplw use bittorrent so there must be somewhere that explains
how to use it clearly enough for someone starting out to understand ,
but I can't find it.

The rpm README.txt says there is a INSTALL.unix.txt that explains
things but no file with that name exists. The bittorent home site is
really aimes at Windows user. Every time I read the README.txt file I
almost see the picture but then I loose it.
oTwo strting questions which bug me:
1. metainfo files seem to be created using btmakemetafile.py and these
create .torrent files tha have meta information on another file. Is
tha right? What kind of files are metainfo files made on? 2. How do you find where the other trackers are?

Maybe these answers are obvious but not to me at this point.

well,i won't directly answer your questions.i recommend to you "azureus".you can find the program at azureus.sourceforge.net
it needs java runtime environment (jre) at least or java development kit (jdk).try the second one if you want all the plugins work. but it really isn't a must.download java for linux which a link is given to download at the site.i recommend you to use the version of java given at the site because you may experience some problems like cpu load otherwise.
don't use the original bittorent program(the one you are playing with it).you don't need it while using azureus.
well,make some googling about torrent sites.you can search it in this format:
torrent+sites
and download torrent files and open in azureus.you don't really directly search for trackers.trackers are already included in "*.torrent" files.
after some usage, you will learn about your questions by yourself.