Re: How to get X-windows on a remote computer with SSH

> I have a computer with no keyboard/mouse/monitor
> I want to access the computer by using SSH
> I want the X-windows desktop from the remote on my local computer.
> I know this is possible with the display command.
> But i also know that this method is not completely secure
>
> Can anybody tell me how this is done with using SSH

> Erik

You want / need the full X desktop remote or just single applications?
If last, it is sufficient to run "ssh -X user@remote" or for some
applications using the -Y switch instead of the -X when using OpenSSH >=
3.8. If you want former, then following sites instruct you:

Alexander

with just one or two applications it works fine.
I 'm going to try working on a ssh channel and see if that will work

thanks

Erik