Re: Ctrl-A/E/U/etc in GNOME Apps?

Matthew Miller wrote:
That's only going to change the default editor (for programs that check that
variable). It won't affect the shell keybindings, or keybindings in other
apps.

My shell (bash) keybindings are fine. They do what I expect them to do (ie. emacs-like).

For bash, try "set -o emacs". Other programs will be different; for GNOME,
try going to Preferences -> Keyboard Shortcuts, and set "Text Editing
Shortcuts" to "Emacs".

Is this in GNOME 2.8.0? I looked at Preferences -> Keyboard Shortcuts and just got a list of actions and shortcuts. Nothing referred to "Text Editing". Is there maybe a gconf key for me to look at?

Thanks,
pete