Re: ejecting cd-rom

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 11:58:30 +0100, prioualexandre <prioualexandre@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

vladuz976 wrote:

hi
i have problems ejecting cd roms.
i can mount them with mount /dev/hdc
but it wont let me eject them.
mount /dev/hdc
eject /dev/hdc
eject: unable to open `/dev/hdc'

can anybody help?

    see this cmd :
          df -h
    if you not have one ligne with : /dev/hdc , your CDROM is not mounted

     else, execute  :
          cd <enter>
          eject /dev/hdc  or eject cdrom
                but see this file : /etc/fstab
       for see your mount point of this device

I don't know about devices, but I didn't see 'umount' before eject above.
I can't eject my cdrom unless it's unmounted. (But I'm in Redhat 9 too.)

-- Ralph E. Kenyon, Jr. http://www.xenodochy.org/ralph.html 191 White Oaks Road Williamstown, MA 01267-2259 Phone: 413-458-3597

Home pages:
http://www.xenodochy.org
http://www.ballroomdances.org
FIGHT SPAM http://www.xenodochy.org/diogenes/antispam.html
(If you are thinking about collecting my email address, read the above page first!)
Keep our semantic environments and cyberspace clean.
Always report errors discovered while surfing the web.
My favorite saying (from general semantics):
It's not that seeing is believing, believing is seeing,
and we're much better at believing than we are at seeing.
http://www.xenodochy.org/ex/quotes/santayana.html