Re: Hot machine

On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 06:44 -0800, Brian T. Brunner wrote:
> How to respond to a CPU heat problem?
> I'd look for a better CPU cooler.
>
> "Thermal Boost" works well for me and is quiet.
>
> Brian Brunner
> brian.t.brunner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> (610)796-5838

> How to solve this problem?
> Slow down cpu frequency? Automatically?
> Alarme sound for high temperatures?
> Automatic shutdown?
>
> How to do these tasks?
>
> TIA
>
> Athon XP 2200
> Asrock motherbord K7vm2
>
> Cosme Corrêa.

When is the last time you pulled the cover?  You may be able to knit a
sweater out of what is in there.  Every so often I need to open my
computers that are on 24/7 make a change etc.  But I wait until it's
cooled off and take a can of compressed air and blow it out.  First, do
it outside as it's a big cloud of dust, and check the direction of the
wind.  No reason to have it blow back in your face. I've done that :-)
I'm assuming that it ran fine and cooler before.  Before putting the
cover back on make sure all the fans are running OK.

Tim...

--
                       _
ASCII ribbon campaign ( )