Re: Lotus Sametime equivalent?

On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 05:31:11AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 15:15:30 -0800, Rob <wasguru@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > There was an internal open source project at IBM while I was there but
> > I don't see it on alphaworks.
>
> why do it called it a open source project if its "internal"

I would assume that it is called "open source" because anyone employed
there can obtain and view the source code.

I'm sure there are products used exclusively within IBM where anybody
outside of that product development team would not have access to the
source.

Just because it is an internal-only product does not mean it cannot be
"open source."