Re: Yum crash

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 16:17:45 -0600 (CST), Satish Balay
<balay@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Qian Qiao wrote:
>
> > This is driving me nuts. Even with the yum package from FC2 or RH9, it
> > crashes at the "resoving dependency" step.
>
> Without the relavant information (yum output) - can't say whats' hapenning.

The machine's crashed again, so I can't give you the exact output.
There really isn't much output really, after running "yum upgrade", it
fetches all the header correctly from the FC2 channel, then it gives:
Resolving dependencies.
And the machine went dead. Same everytime, tried like 5 times.

> > Was running happily on RH8, but I need NPTL support, so had to upgrade it.
>
> disclamier: remote upgrades with yum might not always work..

It certainly doesn't work for my case, :(

Thanks for the help.

-- Joe

--
Money can't buy everything.