Samba and Windows Machines

Hello all!
I just have gotten my FC3 based machine running and seem to have some little quirk somewhere.
I can not seem to be able to browse the machines in the samba network through the Lan neighborhood at all. I can however get them to show if I do smb://machinename.
On the windows side everything works just fine from the win XPsp2 machines and the Win2K server.

Pinging works.

To share files and printers already on the windows machines I had to disable the Windows XP firewall and then I could share/connect to those. So another question is what ports need to be opened through the Windows firewall for Samba to operate? There was no such problem on the Win2K server and the software firewall on it.

Thanks for any assistance.