Re: Fedora Core 3 - YUM .rpmnew repo files

--- Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Am Di, den 14.12.2004 schrieb Ted Bolver um 21:05:
>
> > Hi - I noticed yesterday that during an update
> some
> > .rpmnew repo files were automatically put into my
> > /etc/yum.repos.d directory - my question is - do I
> > have to use them - I'm currently updating fine
> with my
> > current repositories for base & updates-released
> (in
> > combination with local-base & local-updates files)
> -
> > so I'd prefer just to keep with my existing ones.
>
> > Ted
>
> How about comparing the old and the new (rpmnew)
> files? I don't see an
> FC3 update which could bring new repo files.
>
> Alexander

What it is, is that I've been using FC3 Test 3 and
have just updated that over the weeks - as an example:

This is my fedora.repo file: (includes a reference to
a local list file which I'm currently using fine)

[base]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
#baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/$releasever/$basearch/os/
#mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/fedora-core-$releasever
mirrorlist=file:///etc/yum.repos.d/local-base
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0

This is the fedora.repo.rpmnew file that was
automatically installed in the last update:

[base]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
#baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/$releasever/$basearch/os/
mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/fedora-core-$releasever
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1

Now - I must stress that I can update ok with the
first file and everything's ok - my query was, just
why was this .rpmnew file installed during my last
update.

Thanks

Ted