Really strange up2date behavior

I have several identically configured (more or less) FC3 machines.  On
most of them, "up2date <pkgname>" works as expected for original and
updated packages.  But on one machine, if <pkgname> is the name of
a package in the original distribution that hasn't been updated, "up2date
<pkgname>" reports that the package cannot be found.

This doesn't appear to have to do with mirrors, it has to do with the
particular machine.  Multiple attempts on the different machines do rotate
through the mirrors but the results are consistent on each machine I try.

/etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources is identical on all machines.

Any idea where I should look for other differences that might cause this
inconsist behavior?

TIA.

On the odd machine (note the status "not found"):

	# up2date emacs
	http://fedora.redhat.com/download/up2date-mirrors/fedora-core-3
	using mirror:
	http://mirror.switch.ch/ftp/mirror/fedora/linux/core/3/i386/os
	http://fedora.redhat.com/download/up2date-mirrors/updates-released-fc3
	using mirror:
	http://ftp.isu.edu.tw/pub/Linux/Fedora/linux/core/updates/3/i386/

	Fetching Obsoletes list for channel: fedora-core-3...

	Fetching Obsoletes list for channel: updates-released-fc3...

	Fetching rpm headers...

	Name                                    Version        Rel

	The following packages you requested were not found:
	emacs

On the other machines (note the status "already updated":

	http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/3/i386/os/
	http://ftp.ussg.iu.edu/linux/fedora/linux/core/updates/3/i386/

	Fetching Obsoletes list for channel: fedora-core-3...

	Fetching Obsoletes list for channel: updates-released-fc3...

	Fetching rpm headers...

	Name                                    Version        Rel

	The following packages you requested are already updated:
	emacs

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences