Re: FireFox Calendar

Andrew Choens wrote:

On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 18:16 -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 04:56:30PM -0600, Gustavo Seabra wrote:

I'm using the FireFox Calendar extension, and I always have to open Firefox, then choose Calendar from the Tools menu. Is there an easier way, I mean, to open it like an application itself without having to open the browser first?

From looking at the web site, it looks like the "FireFox Calendar" is an
extension-version of the stand-alone "Sunbird" app. Sounds like you want
that instead.

(I'm not aware of any RPMs for that, though...)

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx        <http://www.mattdm.org/>

You can download a binary from www.mozilla.org. It's not a RPM, but here's what I did to install and play with it. Download the zipped tar file. Unzip it in your home directory. Open a terminal and change to root.

Move it to /usr/lib.  Then you will need to write a quick script
in /usr/bin that simply calls the sunbird script in /usr/lib/sunbird.
Don't link the script to /usr/bin because it will exit out with some
errors.

--andy

Thanks!

Meanwhile, I just found out a great application, KOrganizer. that does it. It also works with the calendar file from Firefox, so I didn't even have to import anything and, if I use either program to make changes to the calendar file, the other also reflects the changes. On top of that, KOrganizer integrates greatly eith KDE, wich is good for me.

Thanks for all the replies!

Gustavo Seabra - Graduate Student
Chemistry Department
Kansas State University