Installation problem, FC3

Hello,
greetings to everybody. I am writing for the first time on this mailing list.
I have tried to install the FC3 on three PCs. Two of them made no problem, but with the third one there is a big trouble.
It has an Asrock K7S8X Rev. 3.0 Motherboard with two Samsung harddrives: 80GB and 40GB. The HDDs are connected on one IDE cable. There is WinXP installed on the bigger one.
When I install Fedora, the system boots from the CD, I can chose the language and keyboard and after that there is a strange "click" from the HDD and the system freezes. If I make a reset, the BIOS has problems detecting the drives. I have to shut the PC down and start it once again.
What can it be? How can I avoid this?

Greetings,
Pawel