Re: FC3 Nautilus full screen

--- Dragos Neagu <dragos.neagu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Hi - is there any kind of "save/remember" screen
> size
> > setting in Nautilus or Gconf under FC3? - clicking
> on
> > my home directory icon on the desktop it always
> > expands to about 4/5 ths size on a 800*600 screen
> -
>
> Are you using browser or spatial mode?  AFAIK
> spatial mode remembers
> your geometry, and browser mode does not; please
> correct me if I'm
> wrong.  If you launch Nautilus most often from an
> icon or two, you can
> change the command slightly.  Append
> "--geometry=WidthxLength+X+Y" to
> the command, +X+Y is the starting position and is
> optional. Ex. mine
> is set to --geometry=600x400+0+0 on 1024x768
> resolution.  If you want
> to do your own digging, try "nautilus -?" from
> command line (you can
> also launch with geometry).
>
> --
> -Dragos

Thanks Dragos, that worked - I use Nautilus in Browser
mode - Using

nautilus --geometry=800x600+0+0

from the command line works perfectly - ie it opens
Nautilus up in complete full screen 800*600 - what
I've done to get an "easy icon" on the desktop is to
create a custom launcher and icon and attach that
command to it - works excellently.

Thanks again mate ;)