Re: Zyxel wlan card compatible or not?

On Sun, 2004-12-12 at 07:43, Mauri Sahlberg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is Zyxel ZyAIR G-300 54 Mbps 802.11g WLAN PCI card compatible with any
> wlan-drivers or not? According to browsable sources G-100 has prism
> chip and is compatible but I have not found a single source that could
> tell if this card is prism based as well or not.  Or any sources that
> could confirm that it does not work on linux with  linux native
> drivers or not.

Run the lspci command while the card is installed.  This should give you
information on the card which should tell you if it is prism chip set or
not.

Something like the following:

02:00.0 Network controller: Intersil Corporation Intersil ISL3890 [Prism
GT/Prism Duette] (rev 01)

That is for the card I have a D-Link DWL-G650.  The prism54 drivers work
well with it.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@xxxxxxxxxx

The worst sin towards our fellow creatures is not to hate them,
but to be indifferent to them; that's the essence of inhumanity.
		-- G.B. Shaw