Picking the right harwared to run FC3 on.

Hi all,

Well here is a question or decision that I am in need of help with.  I am going to list out the specs of 4 machines that I now have and I need

Help picking which machine is the best for running FC3 on.  I know that the most powerful is always the best.  But since some of the machines

Have new hardware I am not sure what kind of troubles I am going to run into.  My goal is to not have to dual boot the machine but  have it as a true

FC3 box.  Thanks for your help and advice.

Mathew S. Nowend.

Laptop 1.

PIII 800

192 Ram

30 gig hd

12” screen

Dvd drive

Integrated NIC/sound/modem

32 meg intel graphics

Laptop 2

Inspiron 8600 M

Pentium M 1.8 ghz

2 gig ram

60 gig hd

Dvd/cdrw combo drive

Broadcom integrated NIC/modem

Ac’97 sound

NVIDIA ge force go 5200 64 meg video card

15.4” WUXGA screen

Laptop 3

XPS

Pentium 4 3.4ht

60 gig hard drive

Dvd/dvdr-w

128 meg ATI radeon 9700

15.4” WUXGA screen

Integrated broadcom NIC/modem

Integrated AC’97 sound

2 gig RAM

Wireless G Notebook adapter

Box 4

Pentium 4 3.0ht

1 gig ram

17” Flat panel

128 mb PCI ATI Radeon x300

160 gb SATA drive

Intel pro 100mb NIC

16x dvd

16x dvd +/- rw

Sound blaster live 24 bit audio card

Wireless-G PCI apadter

I am debating if I want to keep a windows box handy just to have.  Any suggestions here would be much appreciated.

Is it also worth turning one machine into acting just as a firewall?  Or a firewall/web server? (Still getting prices on static ip’s)

Thanks for all your help again,

Mathew S. Nowend