Re: [RESOLVED] A long, strange FC3 problem (an nVidia / Radeon problem)

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 22:07:13 -0700, Summer Brooks <brooksj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Thanks for the suggestions while I was debugging this issue... and
> > I hope someone takes a deeper look at what's going on here.  It's
> > definitely wacky.
>
> If you want one of the fedora developers to take a deeper look, and
> assuming you are only using the video drivers that come with fedora...
> you will have to file a bug report at bugzilla.redhat.com against
> fedora core, xorg-x11 component. detailing as much information as
> possible about your hardware.  If the problem only happens when using
> the propreitary nvidia or ati drivers, don't bother filing a bug at
> redhat, you'll have to file a bug with the nvidia or ati. This might
> be an upstream xorg issue, and if so, you will have to file a bug
> upstream at bugzilla.freedesktop.org against the 'xorg' product.

I took a look at my bugzilla options, and I'm not sure where to
file this report... if it's filed in the wrong area, will it just
get dropped if it turns out not to be related to what it was filed
under, or will they refile it to the right place, if it's Fedora
related?  What if it's a Viewsonic related quirk?

I'd hate for this to get lost... I doubt I'm the only one with this
configuration, or will be the only one with it ever...

Summer Brooks, WildHorse.com Staff      I will choose a Path that's clear
brooksj at wildhorse dot com		I will choose Free Will